Continuing Education Hours for Renewal
- 24 CE hours are needed for renewal.
- 6 must involve topics in professional ethics or legal issues in the delivery of counseling services
- Board Qualified Supervisor (BQS) renewal coincides with LPC renewal.
- A Qualified Supervisor will need to complete a minimum of one (1) hour of supervision continuing education per year; a minimum of two (2) hours per renewal period.
- Hours to be reported must be for the time period since your last renewal.
i.e. 2015 renewals report continuing education hours for the period July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2015.
Approved Continuing Education Criteria - Rule 6.2(C)
Continuing Education approved by the following entities, and others, that meet standards similar to or exceeding those required by Board:
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Mississippi Counseling Association
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- The National Board of Certified Counselors
Search for an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider
Refer to the NBCC website for other ways to earn credits.
i.e. College/University professors may earn limited number of credit hours for NEW program development with proper documentation.